Hekima Place Inc. Trust seeks to recruit a dynamic and experienced leader for the position of Program Manager to oversee the daily operations and program implementation of its children’s home for girls located in Corner Baridi, Kiserian, Kajiado County.
The Program Manager will assist the Board of Directors and Board of Trustees in fulfilling the mission, vision and strategic direction of the organisation. He/she will need to continuously develop and implement annual objectives, operating plans and budgets to ensure that the organisations overall mission is achieved, whilst exploring opportunities to increase its ongoing impact.
- Provide strong leadership to, and oversee the management of staff, volunteers and girls
- Serve as the administrator of operations by providing accountability, oversight and integrity around the programs designed to care, educate and empower the girls of Hekima Place
- Establish and maintain a management structure and internal controls to ensure the fulfillment of organisational objectives, strategic and operating plans, and program budgets
- Provide monthly reports to the US Board of Directors and Kenyan Board of Trustees on progress towards defined goals and any issues which require Board attention
- Manage expenses relative to the Board-approved budget and oversee associated reporting, records management and auditing
- Enhance organisational image and impact by being active and visible in the community through civic involvement and outreach programs
- A Bachelor’s degree from accredited institution in the field of education, public health, social work, community development or similar
- 3-5years experience in the management of a children’s home, education, training or like enterprise
- Strong understanding of Christian values
- Solid hands-on experience in budget management, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting
- Ability to interface and engage diverse volunteer and donor groups and to work collaboratively with the community
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff
- Strong organisational abilities including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation
- Strong written and oral English communication skills and basic computer skills
- Respectful understanding of Kenyan customs and culture
To apply for this position please send your Curriculum Vitae and a cover letter of no more than 1000 words detailing your suitability for the position on or before Sunday 14th July 2019.
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.